Crispy Juicy Jalebi


Hi friends I have been not very consistent in my posts due to some unavoidable reasons. Last month it was my hubbys birthday and I had asked him what special he wanted me to prepare and he instantly replied Jalebi. This is my third attempt and I had failed twice so this time I did more research on the net and got the perfection I wanted. It was a wonderful experience .

Jalebi has been always one of my favorite sweets,its crunchy outer crust and soft sweet inner juicy feel makes it divine. In punjab warm jalebis are eaten with a topping of curd and in west bengal it is eaten as a breakfast dessert. I never miss a jalebi treat when we go out to any punjabi dhaba.

Courtesy of the recipe goes to vahrehvah chef.

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup maida (all purpose flour)
  • 1/4 cup corn flour
  • 2 drops orange food color
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup curd
  • 1 tbsp hot oil
Mix all the above ingredients without lumps in a deep bottom bowl, then add one hot tbsp of oil and mix again.cover it and let it sit in a warm place and ferment for 24 hours.

I kept it for 20hr and it was well fermented.Mix the batter nicely with spatula or hand and It should have a continous consistency,check if not add some maida or water to get the required consistency.

To make suger syrup ,take one cup sugar in a seperate bowl and heat with little water ,the sugar should dissolve and form a sugar syrup with one string consistency

Heat oil to a temperature between low to medium heat to fry the jalebis

( Click all images for enlarged view)

Take a zip lock bag and make a small hole at the bottom centre of it ,pour the batter into it ,slowly squeeze the batter and give a shape of swirl direct in the frying pan .

Swirl the batter into the oil and fry till light golden brown.

Remove the jalebi and dip in the syrup for 20 sec and remove it immediately

Note: While making these jilebi the batter should be flowy and consistent and the oil temperature should not be too hot. At the perfect temperature the jalebi whould rise from the bottom of pan slowly.

Watch the video on youtube

I am sending this recipe to a wonderful event "Bookmarked Recipes" hosted by Priya and Aipi

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 
  • For Secret Recipe © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes