I use a lot of dry herbs and spices; they are convenient. However, there are some spices that I don't use all that often. For example, that little $3.99 jar of rubbed sage gets used for a single holiday and then languishes on my spice rack, only to be thrown away. Well, I've discovered the (bulk) dry herb and spice section of the health food isle. The spices are sold by the pound, so the big hand full of sweet basil I bought the other day was a whopping 45 cents. I am buying all of my dry herb and spices this way from now on. They are not only economical, but they are super fresh and are an excellent quality!!
.
This recipe for Italian Seasoning is a far better blend than any ready-made jar that I've found so far. I hope you will try it.
3 tablespoons dry basil
3 tablespoons dry oregano
3 tablespoons dry parsley
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon fennel seed
1 teaspoon dry thyme
1 teaspoon dry rosemary
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
.
Stir together thoroughly and break down the larger herbs (like the rosemary) with a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder (just don't grind it too fine).
.
Store in airtight jar for up to six months.
NOTE: I wash out the glass jars that spices usually come in, and refill them with the bulk herbs and/or spices.
ITALIAN SEASONING & A TIP
Unknown
●
Labels
CAKE RECIPES
(20)
CHEESECAKE RECIPES
(9)
CHICKEN RECIPES
(8)
CHOCOLATE DESSERTS
(10)
COOKIE RECIPES
(19)
Health
(7)
Kids Recipe
(8)
Mushroom
(10)
PARTY SNACKS
(7)
Potato
(5)
Rice
(20)
Snacks
(22)
Soup
(17)
Vegan
(45)
Vegetable
(16)
recipe
(82)
Popular Posts
-
Preparation Time 10 minutes Cooking Time 15 minutes Makes 12 Ingredients * 6 medium (about 1.2kg) desiree potatoes, peeled * 2 tb...
-
After the fudge brownies, I was back in the mood to bake, and accompanied by my sous-chef Alex, we baked a batch of choco lava cupcakes with...
-
Finding out that I was co-hosting with Thea of Words and Nosh for the start of this wonderful year was such a pleasure, just in time when I ...
-
Going with the theme of building flavours and recipes, the next stage is exploring different types of food to expirement with. For chefs, mo...
-
Ingredients (serves 4) * 1 1/2 cups plain flour * 125g butter, chilled, chopped * 1 egg yolk * 1 tablespoon iced water *...
Search this blog
Translate
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(242)
-
▼
October
(30)
- The Most Horrifying Halloween Cake Ever!
- Rich Badam Halwa (Almond Dessert)
- Tangy Mango Dal
- CHICKEN TETRAZZINI WITH HOME MADE PASTA
- Délicieux Spinach Mushroom Quiche
- Brussel Sprouts In Peanut Gravy
- Chocolate Topped Coffee Cake
- PUMPKIN - CRANBERRY BREAD (the best)
- Paneer Achari Kati Roll
- Multilayered Quesadilla With Corn Salsa
- CRANBERRY SAUCE
- Mini Shell Pasta With Tomato Basil Sauce
- Easy and Tasty Mushroom Biryani
- Butter Naan With Corn Capsicum Masala
- Spinach n Fenugreek Bread (Palak Methi Bread)
- MILKY WAY CAKE
- Andhra Special Pesarattu Upma
- Braided Bread With Spicy Mushroom Stuffing
- CHICKEN MARINADE
- Enticing Ghugni with Spinach Puri
- Celebrating Festival Moments With Malai Kulfi
- CHOCOLATE HALLOWEEN CAT COOKIES
- Satpuro Phulko With Black Chickpea Curry
- Crispy n Chewy Oatmeal Rounds
- Savory Bread Pancake With Onion Chutney
- Butternut Squash Pulusu (Stew)
- WHITE CHOCOLATE & RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE FOR TWO
- ITALIAN SEASONING & A TIP
- Pizza Apne Desh Ka (Indian Style Pizza)
- EASY BAGEL CHIPS
-
▼
October
(30)
Powered by Blogger.



0 komentar:
Post a Comment