Yummy Vanilla Cake With Microwave



I began my experiments with baking when I came to US last year, but after returning to India I was wondering how it would turn out if I use my microwave for baking. Today I made a simple vanilla cake and I was pleasantly surprised as it came out so well soft moist with a nice brown shade. So here is the recipe ...

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp chopped almonds for garnishing
  • pinch of salt

(Click image for enlarged view)

Cooking Procedure

Grease the 8x8 inch pan and sprinkle some flour and keep aside. ( This will ensure the cake does not stick to the pan as seen above )

Preheat the microwave in convection mode at 180 C

Seive the flour,cinnamon powder,salt, baking soda and baking powder atleast twice so that they mix properly.

Beat 2 cups with hand blender till it become fluffy, add buttermilk, vanilla extract, sugar and butter and beat again till it mix nicely.

Now mix the flour to above mixture and fold it smoothly with spatulla until it blends completely.


(Click image for enlarged view)

Now pour the mixture into the pan,sprinkle the almonds and bake for 35 min or till golden brown. Check with a toothpick.

Your vanilla cake is ready, let it rest for it to cool for serving

Note:
  • The batter of the cake should be flowy.
  • The original recipe demands 3 eggs but I was having only two so I used 1/2 cup buttermilk in place of egg.
  • The time for baking varies from microwave to microwave. Adjust accordingly

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 
  • For Secret Recipe © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes